Advanced Python Training
In this Python training course, students already familiar with Python programming will learn advanced Python techniques.
This advanced Python course is taught using Python 3; however, differences between Python 2 and Python 3 are noted. For private Python classes, our
instructor can focus specifically on Python 2 if desired.
- Learn to work with IPython Notebook.
- Learn to work with the Collections module.
- Learn about mapping and filtering and lambda functions.
- Learn advanced sorting.
- Learn to work with regular expressions in Python.
- Learn to work with databases, CSV files, JSON, and XML.
- Learn to write object-oriented code in Python.
- Learn to test and debug your Python code.
- Learn about Unicode and text encoding.
- IPython Notebook
- Getting Started with IPython Notebook
- Creating Your First IPython Notebook
- IPython Notebook Modes
- Useful Shortcut Keys
- Magic Commands
- Getting Help
- Advanced Python Concepts
- Advanced List Comprehensions
- Quick Review of Basic List Comprehensions
- Multiple for Loops
- Collections Module
- Named Tuples
- Default Dictionaries
- Mapping and Filtering
- Lambda Functions
- Advanced Sorting
- Sorting Lists in Place
- Sorting Sequences of Sequences
- Sorting Sequences of Dictionaries
- Unpacking Sequences in Function Calls
- Modules and Packages
- Regular Expressions
- Regular Expression Syntax
- Python's Handling of Regular Expressions
- Working with Data
- Getting Data from the Web
- Classes and Objects
- Creating Classes
- Attributes, Methods and Properties
- Extending Classes
- Documenting Classes
- Static, Class, Abstract Methods
- Testing and Debugging
- Creating Simulations
- Testing for Performance
- The unittest Module
- Unicode and Encoding
- Encoding and Decoding Files in Python
- Converting a File from cp1252 to UTF-8
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Python class:
- Basic Python programming experience. In particular, you should be very comfortable with:
- Working with strings.
- Working with lists, tuples and dictionaries.
- Loops and conditionals.
- Writing your own functions.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Python class:
- Some exposure to HTML, XML, JSON, and SQL.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Live Online: Course Setup | WebEx SetupFollow-on Courses
- Introduction to Python Training
- Python Data Analysis with NumPy and pandas